Monday, May 5, 2008

Words off the page: The Ink Drinkers Newsletter

Information bulletin

First item of note: Netspeak I've noticed that some people have been breaking the netspeak rule, and I've decided to implement some consequences, which will be as follows:
First offense: a warning
Second offense: banned for 2 days
Third offense: A last warning and banned for a week
Fourth offense: kicked off the board
I mean these seriously, and I am not going to make exceptions. That means that anyone, including our mods or myself, is subjected to these rules. Don't be stupid about this, people.

Second item of note: CharactersEveryone got the message before talking about the character rules. I am going to add an addendum to that: you cannot role play with a character unless it has been approved by either me or Samantha Cullen. She is the mod of the characters forum, so you can talk to her instead of me, if you want. I will make an exception for people whose characters have been taken away because of lack of information, but they should try and get the new bios up as quickly as possible. Anyone wishing to make a new character cannot begin role playing with that character until the bio has been approved and posted.

Third item of note: thread length Those of you who spend time in the rpg forums will notice that I closed Break me, Shake me at page 25. This is not some weird rpg-only thing. I will close all threads once they reach their 25th page and send them to the thread graveyard. You are welcome to look at those threads any time you wish, but you cannot edit them. The mods will also help me do this in their respective mod areas. (kenshinlillith_lovett in the Alternate Universe and Samantha Cullen in the Characters).

RPG news

Break me, Shake meThis is the only story in the Alternate Universe thread. It's gotten very complicated, and many people began posting in it without continuing their stories. Please do not do this. The story is complicated enough without people bringing characters and then forgetting about them. If you are going to post in the story, please post regularly so that your character does not get forgotten. Also, if you do not understand what is going on (and honestly, I don't blame you!) feel free to make your own. I can't promise that it won't be just as complicated, but at least it will be shorter.

After the EndThis story lives in the Cannon Compliant thread, and not many people have posted in it. A description of the story is inside, and it would be nice to have a little more action there. I understand that it isn't as fun when you can't claim Edward for your own, but give it a try!

Random notesSo that's it. The first newsletter. I hope subsequent ones will actually have things to say that people care about, instead of just rules and regulations and whatnot. As usual, feel free to email me or pm me with questions or concerns or whatever. I will reply as soon as I can, though it might not be for a couple days, depending on what my schedule's like. Finals are coming up, so be lenient. Thanks!
~Queen of Angst

No comments: